Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Anzac Biscuits

Today we read some interesting facts about the history behind the anzac biscuits.



Michelle and Jules helped us to make some - and then, best of all - we got to eat some.
























I was excited when I got to pour the coconut into the bowl and I can't wait to eat them. (Millie)
I got to stir the butter then roll the balls. When I have eaten it I will get to go home.  (HenryC)
I was pleased with our work. (Sam)
I thought it looked like mashed up cereal. (Charlotte)
I was funner than fun when I got to stir the dry ingredients. (Cooper)
I was excited when the creamy mixture came around to me and I licked my hands afterwards. (Jarod)
My hands smelt really yummy when they were covered in creamy butter. (Asher)
I was pleased that we made the Anzac biscuits. (Lachie)
I felt funny when I saw the melted butter. It looked like egg yolks. (Kacey)
I was happy because we all got to do it and we worked as a team. (Aoife)
I was excited when we made the Anzac biscuits because are for Anzac day and we get to eat them. (Amy)
When we were working I was thinking about the Anzac soldiers who died. (Finn)
At the end my hands smelt like Anzac biscuits. (Tayla)
I found out that baking without eggs and milk makes the biscuits last longer. (Erin)
The Anzac biscuit dough looked sort of like porridge and my hands felt greasy afterwards, (HenryT)
I liked doing the baking because everyone got to have a turn doing something. (Emily)
It was hard to stir. (Jesse)
I loved baking the biscuits. (Jonty)
 It was so hard to stir when we tipped the butter in. (Bas)
I liked it when I got to pour the golden syrup. (Evie)
I found out that it was pretty hard to stir and I'm excited that we get to eat the biscuits. (Ollie)
I like them and all I want to do now is EAT THEM! (Charles)
I liked making the biscuits and rolling it. (Angel)

Here is our recipe if you want to try some yourself at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment