Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Year 3 Cantamath

"Yay, it's Cantamath time," Room 18 exclaimed excitedly.
After lunch on Wednesday the 12th of August, rooms 16, 17 and 18 met in Room 17 to do a math quiz.

First we found out who the teams were and sat with our groups in a circle. Then we decided with our group, who was going to be the runner. We sat there nervously waiting to get our first sheet.  It was very important to remember to write our group number onto it, otherwise you could lose some valuable points. We could earn bonus points for sitting quietly, working as a team and for using our manners.

Each group had to figure out problems like, secret numbers, what colour the balls were, put the people in order from smallest to biggest and stack the cups in order. Some questions were easy and some were a lot harder. When we had the answers, the runners had to take it up to the teachers or Magnus to be marked. The points got gathered up and put onto a spreadsheet.

Finally when all the sheets had been handed in, Mrs D announced the winner. Da da dahhhhh!
In third place was Team 14 with 17 points, second was Team 9 with 19 points and the winner was Team 1 with 22 points. Rory, Olivia D, Asher and Tane won a chocolate bar - and all the glory.

We hope the Year 3 team get to do the Cantamath quiz again really soon.

12 comments:

  1. I loved the cantamaths all of the questions were amazing!
    Henry C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the maths quiz because it gave me ideas for my maths in room 16.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the maths quiz because I am good at maths.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the maths quiz because it woke up my brain.
    Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I liked about the cantamath is it got my brain going with numbers and maths.
    Aoife

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the cantamath got my brain working.
    Bas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun, fun, fun was had by everyone.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yesterday it was a math quiz and we got mixed up into groups and my group was group 2.
    Tayla

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love maths because It gets my brain working.
    Millie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good girl Millie! Well done. Dadda x

      Delete
  10. The maths test was Awesome.
    Asher



    ReplyDelete
  11. I felt great about doing the math quiz because group 7 nearly won.
    Kacey

    ReplyDelete